The Latino Institute, Inc. is offering school districts and local schools—at a modest cost—the opportunity to bring a full-fledge, and empowering parent conference to your school.
The conferences are modeled on the highly rated and acclaimed annual Parent Education Conference organized for the last 15 years by the Latino Institute. The conference is offered in full Bilingual mode, or in English with simultaneous translation to Spanish and other languages, as appropriate. School personnel and parents may select, from a rich Workshop Menu, the particular educational sessions they may want presented at the event.
The conferences are organized with the presentation by a qualified keynote speaker, followed by two concurrent workshop sessions by expert presenters, a light lunch, and a closing.
Conferences could be scheduled for Saturdays or during the school district’s professional development days, or evenings if no other days are suitable or available.
The current Workshop Menu is as follows:
- How parents may Contribute in Preventing School Violence
- Social media: texting, sexting, bullying and other issues
- The Science Behind Resilience and Educational Achievement
- La Ciencia que Apoya el Sentido de Confianza y los Logros Académicos-In Spanish
- Managing Safety and Daily Stress: Parent Session
- Managing Safety and Daily Stress: Teachers & School Personnel Session
- “Manejando el Estrés de los Padres-In Spanish
- College Financial Aid: Basic Information Parents: SAT, FAFSA, HESAA
- Tools for Helping your Children with Math
- Financial IQ for parents: Preparing for college as a Financial Challenge
- Como Ayudar a tus Hijos con la Matemática-In Spanish
- What is STEM, and What You Need to Know About It
- How to Identify Potential Special Needs in Your Children
- Como Identificar si su Niño Pudiera Tener Necesidades Especiales-In Spanish
- Safe At School: Know your Childs’ Rights
- Taking Care of Your Health Care Needs
- Helping children improve their study habits
- Communication skills at home
- Improving self-esteem to enhance your educational self-improvement
How do you bring the Parent Conference Program to your school district?
- Talk to your school principal and let him/her know about this offer
- If you can, reach out to your superintendent of schools, and board of education members
- Talk to other teachers about partnering with the Institute to bring the conference to your school
For More Information:
Contact us at: email@example.com or call us at 848-258-2144